This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
With a crispy Rösti base, this delicious sandwich is topped with bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, avocado, goat cheese and a runny poached egg. An express recipe that's as friendly as it is tasty, and sure to please young and old alike!
💙 Why you'll love it
- It's super-easy to make and really quick (ready in less than 10 minutes).
- It requires few ingredients, and they're simple to find and use.
- It's convivial and ideal for a lazy evening or a quick lunch.
These are the main ingredients, and the quantities can be found in the recipe card below.
- Rösti - spoiler: it's really quick and easy. If not, you can find ready-made ones in supermarkets, butcher's shops and delicatessens, or at Picard.
- Bacon: you can also replace it with pancetta, Parma ham, coppa...
- Avocado - did you know that, depending on the country of origin of your avocados, you run the risk of enriching the mafia? Find out more about green gold and alternatives in this Eco Tips.
- Dried tomatoes for a delicious, fragrant taste.
- Goat cheese
- Eggs - ideally pasture-raised organic. You can refer to the Eco Tips I've written on eggs to help you choose the right ones.
- Fresh or frozen chives, depending on what you have.
This Rösti sandwich doesn't keep: once it's ready, enjoy it straight away!
🥔 Other potato gems
If you make this Rösti sandwich, it would be so nice to leave me a comment and rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. You can also tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Tik Tok, or even send me a photo, I love seeing my little dishes in your homes!
- 2 Rösti
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 avocado
- 6 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2-3 sprigs chives
- In a hot, fat-free frying pan over medium heat, place your bacon slices and toast them on both sides.
- Cut your avocado in half and then into thin slices. Run a knife through a pan of boiling water to form a swirl, then poach the two eggs without their shells. Leave to cook for approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Assemble your Rösti sandwiches: on each Rösti, place two slices of bacon, half sun-dried tomato slices, half goat cheese and the slices of ½ avocado. Make a hollow in the middle of the slices and place the egg on top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (note that bacon slices are often already salted), sprinkle with a little chives and enjoy!