This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
😋 The stuffed croissant: ideal for Sunday brunch
When you're lazy on a Sunday morning but dreaming of brunch, stuffed croissants are just PERFECT!
Personally, I love to enjoy it with a fresh homemade fruit juice and a cup of tea. It's so quick and so good! Here, an effective version with a mixture of avocado, tomatoes, Kiri (because it's terribly regressive), egg and a few herbs.
💙 Why you'll love this recipe
- It's super quick to make
- It's made with ingredients that are really easy to find
- It can be a central element of your Sunday brunch
🥑 Which avocado to choose?
Did you know that, depending on the country of origin of your avocados, you run the risk of enriching the mafia? Find out more about green gold and alternatives in this Eco Tips.
🥚 Which eggs to choose?
Ideally pasture-raised organic. You can refer to the Eco Tips I've written on eggs to help you choose the right ones.
💡Frequently Asked Questions
I advise you to make this recipe at the last minute, because the egg, once cooked, will harden extremely quickly.
From June to September included. Out of season, think of dried tomatoes, which have a different taste but are also very good.
Crescent stuffed with avocado, egg, cheese and tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 crescent store-bought or frozen
- ½ avocado
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoons spinach
- 1 cream cheese
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Cut the croissant in half lengthways for filling. Fill the croissant with cream cheese, avocado half, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, basil.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and poach an egg for 2 minutes 30 to 3 minutes, then set aside.
- Reheat the croissant in the oven for 5 minutes. Once hot, add the poached egg and enjoy!