This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This salmon bagel is super gourmet, ideal for brunch or a quick dinner. The soft bread is browned, then spread with cream cheese and topped with avocado, herbed cream and a runny egg. This delicious, tasty sandwich can also be a nourishing breakfast.
💙 Why you'll love it
- It's VERY easy to make: just fill the bagel, add the herb cream and finish by browning the top of the bagel.
- It's quite healthy and wholesome.
- It'll be a welcome change from the usual breakfasts, and will enhance your Sunday brunch.
- It can also be prepared like a sandwich and transported in tupperware, a few hours before being eaten. For a picnic, for example!
These are the main ingredients, and the quantities can be found in the recipe card below.
- Bagels: you can buy them ready-made from supermarkets, Bagelstein* or certain bakeries. Or you can make them yourself!
- Avocado - did you know that, depending on the country of origin of your avocados, you run the risk of enriching the mafia? Find out more about green gold and alternatives in this Eco Tips.
- Smoked salmon : choose a good quality one if possible, as it is one of the main ingredients in this recipe.
- Greek yogurt to make the herbed cream, which takes this salmon bagel to the next level!
- Herbs: dill, chives, mint and basil. Take them fresh, dried or frozen, depending on what you have on hand!
- Garlic - if you want to choose your garlic carefully so you do not encourage the slavery of Chinese prisoners, read my Eco Tips on the subject.
- Lemon : I recommend you use organic lemons, because in addition to the juice, we'll also be using the zest. So it's better if they're not full of pesticides!
- Spinach, not to be confused with baby spinach, which is much larger and harder.
- Cucumbers: in season from May to October!
- Fried onions: deliciously crispy! You'll find them in most supermarkets, in the world cuisine section.
- Eggs - ideally pasture-raised organic. You can refer to the Eco Tips I've written on eggs to help you choose the right ones.
- Spices: Espelette pepper and paprika.
🥰 Chef's tips
Don't prepare your top bun with its runny yolk until the last minute, when you're ready for brunch or breakfast.
I recommend you eat this salmon bagel as soon as it's ready, because that's when it's at its best!
😋 Other gems for brunch
- Authentic French sugar Brioche
- Best chocolate hazelnut spread (2 ingredients)
- Classic Chouquettes (French sugar puffs)
- Dreamy pancakes
If you make this bagel, it would be so nice to leave me a comment and rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. You can also tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Tik Tok, or even send me a photo, I love seeing my little dishes in your homes!
Smoked salmon bagel
- 1 bagel
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon spinach
- 1 slice smoked salmon
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ lemon
- some cucumber slices
- 1 handful fried onions
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch Espelette pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Cut the bagel and separate the egg whites from the yolks. In a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil, brown the bagel halves, then remove and add the egg white, paprika and Espelette pepper. Add the lower half of the bagel to the egg white and leave to set.
- Add the spinach, sliced avocado, sliced smoked salmon and a few zests of lemon.
- Cut the cucumber into thin strips and place on top. Prepare the herb cream by blending the Greek yogurt, dill, chives, mint, basil, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the cream and finish with the fried onions.
- Add the egg yolk to the hole in the top half of the bagels and cook for a few minutes. Assemble, adding the top half with the egg, and enjoy!