This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
An express, gourmet recipe: honey-goat samosas. Extra crispy and filled with a creamy, melting goat cheese, it's a guaranteed explosion of flavors!
Table des matières
💙 Why you'll love them
- They're really very simple to make.
- They are vegetarian and easily veganized.
- You can make lots of them and freeze them, which is great for a lazy meal!
- They can be used at any time of day: as an appetizer, as an aperitif, or as a side dish.
These are the main ingredients, and the quantities can be found in the recipe card below.
- Fillo pastry sheets, also called phyllo dough
- Goat cheese
- Honey: I like to use flower honey, but once again, adapt to your taste!
- Thyme: fresh, dried or frozen. Make do with what you have on hand.
- Butter: soft, to brush over the samosas and make them even crispier.
✅ Vegan and dairy-free version
To make this recipe vegan and dairy-free, replace the goat cheese with the vegan cheese of your choice and the butter with vegetable margarine.
🤔How to fold samosas?
I want you to see that it's a super easy process and I'll walk you through it, step by step, no worries!
❄️Storage / freezing
You can store these honey-goat cheese samosas in an airtight tin in the fridge for around 48 hours.
If you've made too many, you can freeze them cooked: once cold, place them on a plate in the freezer without touching for around 2 hours. Once they have been pre-frozen, you can place them in a freezer bag and store them for 3 to 4 months.
To defrost, pop them in the oven or frying pan for a few minutes.
🇮🇳 Other Indian gems
- Fish, carrot and potato curry
- Chicken with coconut milk and green curry
- Delicious 6-ingredient cheese naans
If you make these samosas, it would be so nice to leave me a comment and rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. You can also tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Tik Tok, or even send me a photo, I love seeing my little dishes in your homes!
Honey goat cheese samosas
- 10 fillo pastry sheets also called phyllo dough
- ⅞ cup goat cheese
- 10 teaspoons honey
- 3-4 sprigs thyme fresh or frozen
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Take one fillo pastry sheet and place a clean, damp kitchen towel over the others to prevent them from drying out (filo sheets dry extremely quickly). Preheat your oven to 410°F/210°C in natural convection/static heat mode, high and low. Lay the fillo pastry sheet on your work surface and cut it into four equal strips. Place the first two strips one on top of the other, with a little goat cheese, thyme and honey on the bottom right. Fold one corner of the strip over the filling to form a triangle (see process shots if necessary). Continue folding the triangle along the strip until you reach the end. Close the triangle, tucking the remaining fillo inside.
- Repeat the process with the other two strips, then with all the fillo pastry sheets.
- Place the triangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with melted butter and bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!