This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
The mugcake: a quick and practical snack
I discovered the mugcake concept during my very first confinement. Quick and ideal when you don't want to go to the trouble of making a huge cake, the mugcake can be used in an infinite number of ways. And let's face it, when we cook or bake, it's often to share with family and friends. But what do you do when you're dreaming of a cake, but you're all alone at home and don't want to spoil it? Well, by making a mugcake of course, since these cakes are perfect for solo use.
No oven required
What's more, you don't even need an oven, as the mugcake can be made in the microwave. And I swear it's sublime!
Here, mango goes great with coconut, and you can even make this snack in winter if you like, simply by buying frozen mango! And because this recipe is great all the way through, it's vegan.
My best tip
As European, I'm used to working in grams and milliliters. For savory dishes, the American measuring system can work just perfectly most of the time. But for anything sweet, I really recommend using a digital scale, which is much more precise. That way, you'll be sure to succeed with your recipes.
Vegan coconut and mango mug cake
- 5 teaspoons flour (10g)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (8g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (2g)
- 4 floz coconut milk (12cl)
- A few lemon zest
- 8 tablespoons grated coconut (40g)
- 2 tablespoons mango flesh chopped
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Mix the flour, caster sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk and stir until smooth, then add the grated lemon zest.
- Finish by adding the grated coconut and chopped mango flesh, then stir well. Finely chop the mint leaves and add to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a mug and microwave for 1 minute (depending on your microwave, of course).