This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
What is chia pudding?
Chia pudding is a breakfast where you mix chia seeds with vegetable milk...and whatever you like: fruit coulis, chocolate, caramel... As someone who usually only eats orange juice and toast for breakfast, I'm going to change my habits, because it's so good 🙂
The virtues of chia seeds
Native to Mexico, chia seeds were already consumed by the Aztecs and Mayans for their excellent nutritional qualities.
Super good for the heart, nourishing for the skin, satiating, helping to produce serotonin (the pleasure hormone) and regulate blood sugar levels, allies of athletes, richer in calcium than milk... Well, I'm not going to list everything either, but you can see that the list of benefits of chia seeds is long! Why deprive yourself?
A quick and easy breakfast
It's so quick and easy: just mix together the chia seeds, plant milk and accompaniment (in this case, bitter cocoa) and pop in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Or if possible overnight, put in the fridge the night before.
Chocolate chia pudding
- ½ cup almond milk or any other vegetable milk
- ½ oz chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cannelle
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder Dutch-processed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Mix the almond milk, chia seeds, cinnamon and bitter cocoa in a bowl, then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or even the day before for the next day, if possible).
- After 2 hours, mix again, adding a little more almond milk if the mixture has hardened too much, and finally add the maple syrup and your toppings... Enjoy!