😋 A quick and easy recipe
An original, easy, quick and refined recipe. A mix of local produce and simple ingredients...and there you have it!
💙 Why will you love this recipe?
- It's super simple and ready in just 10 minutes.
- It is absolutely delicious and very comforting.
- It may be suitable for gluten intolerant and allergic people, by changing a few small ingredients.
✅ A recipe suitable for gluten intolerant/allergic people
If you are allergic or intolerant to gluten, start by buying gluten-free bread, because yes, it exists!
I wasn't able to find out if the straciatella contained gluten, so I'll leave it to you to check the labels on the packaging you buy. If there's any, you can replace it with goat's cheese, for example.
Mushrooms, olive oil, truffles and basil are gluten-free.
🥖 What ingredients do you need?
Here are the ingredients you'll need to make this toast. Quantities can be found in the recipe card at the end of this article.
- Slices of bread: you can choose any kind of bread, whether farmhouse, sourdough, with or without seeds, etc...
- Straciatella: for those who don't know, straciatella is a bit like the flowing heart of burrata. So it's ultra-creamy and really delicious! If you can't find any, burrata will do just fine!
- Olive oil
- Black truffle: when I made this recipe, I only had one potted truffle. I've found it very useful, but I'd recommend using a fresh one if you can, because I find they have so much more flavour!
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Fresh basil
I advise you to eat this toast as soon as it's ready, as the longer it takes, the more the truffle will lose its aroma.
What's more, once straciatella comes out of its packaging, it doesn't keep very long.
If you make this toast, it would be so nice to leave me a comment and rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. You can also tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Tik Tok, or even send me a photo, I love seeing my little dishes in your homes!
Black truffle and mushroom toast
- 2 slices bread
- 1 ⅛ cups stracciatella cheese
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ oz. black truffle mushroom
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil
- Wash mushrooms and remove their earthy stems. If they are organic, you can keep the skin.
- Sauté them over high heat in a hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, toast your slices of bread (in a toaster or in a pan with a bit of butter).
- On the toasted bread, finally add the roasted white mushrooms, pieces of stracciatella cheese, truffle shavings, a bit of sea salt, and pepper, as well as some fresh basil leaves.