This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
😋 A quick, gourmet recipe
If you're looking for a simple 10-minute starter for your summer evenings, I've got the perfect recipe for you!
It's very gourmet and inspired by Israeli cuisine: yes, in this country, we eat a lot of avocado, in all its forms.
Simply remove the avocado flesh and garnish with whatever you like: in this case, salmon in sauce, red onion, tomato and aromatic herbs.
💙 Why you'll love this recipe
- Express: ready in just 10 minutes
- It does not require an oven , as there is no cooking involved.
- It's infinitely adaptable
✅ A recipe suitable for gluten intolerant/allergic people
Avocado, salmon, tomato, red onion, lemon, goat's cheese, mint and chives are gluten-free.
Mayonnaise doesn't contain any either, but check the packaging. As for soy and sriracha sauces , buy some "gluten-free" ones, they do exist!
🐹 Are there any vegan alternatives?
If you'd like to veganize this recipe, simply replace the salmon with the vegan alternative of your choice and the goat cheese with a vegan cheese you like.
🥑 Which avocado to buy?
Did you know that, depending on the country of origin of your avocados, you run the risk of enriching the mafia? Find out more about green gold and alternatives in this Eco Tips.
💡 Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend that you eat these stuffed avocados immediately after preparing them, otherwise the avocados may change color and have less flavor.
It's a red Thai sauce made from chillies, sugar, salt and distilled vinegar. It is often found in Asian cuisine. You can buy it in many supermarkets, exotic grocery stores or on the Internet.
I recommend fresh goat's cheese, but choose the one you like: ashy, soft, harder, etc…
Tomatoes can be enjoyed from May/June to October.
Salmon stuffed avocado
- 3 avocados
- 1 ⅛ cups salmon diced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large tomato
- ¼ red onion
- ½ lemon
- 4 teaspoons goat cheese
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 3-4 chives
- In a bowl, combine the sriracha sauce, mayonnaise and soy sauce. Remove the skin from the salmon, cut into small cubes, add to the bowl of sauce and mix well.
- Remove the core from the tomato and cut into small cubes, along with the red onion. Add the cubes to the salmon sauce and mix well.
- Cut your avocados in half, remove the pits and flesh, cut into cubes and place a little of the mixture in each avocado shell.
- Add the avocado cubes, a little goat's cheese, the lemon juice, a few mint leaves and chopped chives, and repeat the process until all the ingredients have been used up.