This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This salmon crudo is the perfect dish for those hot sunny days when you want to refresh and indulge without spending hours in the kitchen! Thin slices of salmon with a delicious sauce of coconut milk, lime juice, sesame and fresh herbs. Get ready for an explosion of flavour and freshness on your palate - and be warned, it's highly addictive!
Perfect as an appetizer or for a light lunch, this salmon crudo is undoubtedly a summer must-have!
Table des matières
💙 Why you'll love it
- It's super-simple to make: just slice the salmon and add the sauce.
- It's express, ready in just 10 minutes.
- It's infinitely adaptable (below are a number of options for customizing it to your tastes).
- It's fresh, light and refreshing, perfect for summer!
- It's an aesthetically pleasing dish that can impress your guests or your date for the evening.
- It's versatile, as it can be enjoyed as an aperitif, starter or main course.
These are the main ingredients, and the quantities can be found in the recipe card below.
- Salmon: don't overlook its quality. Take a fresh, good-quality one, as this is essential for a tasty crudo.
- Coconut milk .
- Herbs: dill and coriander, which go perfectly with salmon. Take them fresh if possible!
- Lime to flavour the crudo.
- Spring onions andred onions add flavor and crunch.
- Sesame oil, available in most supermarkets.
- Ginger: fresh if possible, it's so much better! To peel it, simply scrape it with a small spoon to remove the skin.
- Soy sauce
✨ Customize my salmon crudo
You can replace lime juice with yellow, grapefruit or even orange. Hazelnut oil or olive oil can be delicious variations on sesame oil. If you like herbs, you can add parsley and chives.
For added texture, don't hesitate to add thinly sliced vegetables such as cucumbers, radishes or peppers. Fruits such as mango, pineapple, passion fruit or papaya can also be a gourmet option that will add a little sweetness.
Finally, you can add capers, flax, sesame or poppy seeds for a slightly crunchy topping.
🤔 What to accompany it with?
There are many options to accompany this delicious salmon crudo:
- Toast or crunchy croutons, to enjoy salmon with a lightly toasted base.
- A green salad, such as lettuce, spinach, rocket leaves or lamb's lettuce, can also be a nice option. You can add fresh vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, cucumbers or radishes. Dress this salad with a light vinaigrette of lemon, olive oil and fresh herbs.
- Guacamole or sliced avocado: the creaminess of avocado goes very well with salmon crudo.
- Rice or quinoa: for a more substantial meal, add basmati rice, wild rice or quinoa.
- Tortilla chips or nachos: as with this shrimp ceviche, I love using my leftover tortillas in this way. I season them with herbs and spices, drizzle with olive oil and bake for a while. Delicious!
- Salsa or pico de gallo: a fresh salsa or pico de gallo with tomatoes, onions, chilli, coriander and lemon or lime juice can be a gourmet option. These zesty, tangy sauces add a lively, complementary flavor to salmon crudo.
🥰 Chef's tips
- Use a cold plate : to maintain the freshness of the salmon crudo, be sure to serve the plate on which you present it cold. You can place it in the fridge before use, or on a bed of ice.
- Use a sharp knife to obtain uniform slices.
- You can marinate the salmon in the sauce for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to blend and improve the texture of the fish.
- Serve immediately: it's best eaten as soon as it's on the plate.
💡 Frequently Asked Questions
It's best to prepare the salmon crudo just before serving to ensure optimum freshness and flavor. If necessary, prepare it 30 minutes in advance and add the lime juice at the last minute (it tends to cook the food).
You can place it in an airtight container in the fridge and leave it to marinate for 30 minutes in its sauce (without the lime juice, which could cook it) to allow it to soak in, but no longer, as it's best when it's fresh. And if you leave it too long, its texture will be altered.
- Step 1: choose a flat, wide serving plate or dish to arrange the salmon slices, ideally a white plate or wooden platter to showcase the vibrant colors of the recipe.
- Step 2: Arrange the salmon slices in a single layer on the plate, overlapping slightly.
- Step 3: Add a few slices of lime to the plate to add a touch of color and allow your guests to add a little acidity to the salmon according to their preferences.
- Step 4: Side dishes (croutons, bread, salad, chips, etc.). Place them next to the salmon crudo so that they are easily accessible.
The ideal accompaniment would be a light, refreshing white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay.
A dry rosé would also be delicious.
You can keep it for up to a day in an airtight Tupperware-style container in the coldest part of your fridge.
😋 Other salmon gems
- Bagel with smoked salmon, ideal for breakfast.
- The best honey butter Old Bay salmon (easy recipe)
- Tuscan salmon with an ultra-creamy sauce
If you make this crudo, it would be so nice to leave me a comment and rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. You can also tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Tik Tok, or even send me a photo, I love seeing my little dishes in your homes!
- 10.5 oz salmon fillets
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ green onion
- ¼ red onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Place the serving plate in the fridge, then remove the skin from your salmon and cut it into thin slices with a sharp knife.
- Place the slices on a cutting board, cover them with parchment paper, and use a meat tenderizer or whatever you have on hand (such as a pan) to make the slices even thinner and larger (careful not to create holes).
- Finely chop the red onion, green onion, and herbs. Mix them with coconut milk, lime juice, ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Arrange on plates and sprinkle with lime zest for decoration.