This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This delicious salmon avocado toast is super gourmet and express, as it's ready in just 15 minutes! Thecreamy, lightly lemonyavocado contrasts well with the spicy salmon mayonnaise and crispy fried onions. This revisited avocado toast is a quick meal you'll never tire of!
Table des matières
💙 Why you'll love them
- They're VERY easy to make: just mash the avocado, slice the salmon, mix with the spicy mayo and put on toast.
- They're super fast, ready in 15 minutes max!
- They're delicious and require very few ingredients.
- They are dairy-free.
- They're perfect for a carefree lunch or dinner, but also for a Sunday brunch or a nourishing breakfast.
These are the main ingredients, and the quantities can be found in the recipe card below.
- Raw salmon , not to be swapped with smoked salmon. Wouldn't go well with spicy mayo!
- Sriracha sauce : a red Thai sauce made from chillies, sugar, salt and distilled vinegar. It is often found in Asian cuisine. It can be bought in many supermarkets, exotic grocery stores or on the Internet.
- Mayonnaise, to slightly sweeten the sriracha sauce.
- Soy sauce: salted, of course. As a reminder, sweet soy sauce doesn't exist in Asia, it's a Western invention.
- Avocado - did you know that, depending on the country of origin of your avocados, you run the risk of enriching the mafia? Find out more about green gold and alternatives in this Eco Tips.
- Bread, the kind you like: seeded, wholemeal, gluten-free, etc...
- A yellow lemon to give this recipe a tangy twist.
- Fried onions add a little crunch. You'll find them in most supermarkets.
To personalize this toast, you can also add slices of cucumber and replace the fried onions with thin slices ofred onion. And for a change, you could replace the bread with bagels!
✅ Gluten-free version
To make this recipe gluten-free, buy gluten-free bread (or make your own), and check that your soy sauce, sriracha sauce and mayonnaise are gluten-free.
💡 Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend a salad (baby spinach, for example) with a classic or original vinaigrette. Zucchini or carrot tagliatelle (depending on the season) or Edamame could also be a good idea.
No, I wouldn't recommend it: the bread might go soft.
I recommend that you eat this avocado-salmon toast immediately after preparing it, as the bread is likely to soften quickly.
If you make this salmon avocado toast, it would be so nice to leave me a comment and rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. You can also tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Tik Tok, or even send me a photo, I love seeing my little dishes in your homes!
Salmon avocado toast (with spicy mayo)
- 1 ⅛ cups salmon
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons fried onions
- 2 slices bread
- 1 lemon
- Start by toasting your bread. Finely chop the salmon and place in a bowl. Prepare the spicy mayo by mixing the sriracha sauce, mayonnaise and soy sauce, then set aside.
- Mash the avocado and add a drizzle of olive oil, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Top the avocado and salmon with the spicy mayo, then grate the zest of a lemon, finish with a handful of fried onions and enjoy!