This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
These delicious Hasselback zucchinis sprinkled with herbs and garlic, and gratinated with Parmesan cheese are as tender as they are easy to make. Simple and fun, they're perfect for making with children, and the pretty accordion shape will make a superb impression on your table.
Inspired by my Hasselback potatoes, they're absolutely delicious and slightly crispy on top, thanks to the baked Parmesan.
Table des matières
💙 Why you'll love them
- They're child's play to make, yet refined and delicious!
- All you need isa handful of ingredients.
- This recipe is gluten-free (just check that your fleur de sel and pepper are gluten-free).
These are the main ingredients, and the quantities can be found in the recipe card below.
- Zucchini: green or yellow, treat yourself! They are in season from May to October inclused.
- Garlic - if you want to choose your garlic carefully so you do not encourage the slavery of Chinese prisoners, read my Eco Tips on the subject.
- Fats: the combination of butter and oil gives a crispier finish.
- Spices: pepper and paprika.
- Aromatic herbs: thyme, oregano and rosemary.
- Parmesan cheese: I recommend buying it in blocks and grating it yourself at the last minute - it's so much better!
- Flower of salt
✅ Vegan and dairy-free version
To make this recipe vegan and dairy-free, replace the Parmesan with the vegan cheese of your choice.
🥰 Chef's tips
- To cut Hasselback zucchini properly, use Chinese chopsticks: simply place each zucchini between two chopsticks and score them.
- Please note that oven cooking times will vary according to the size of your zucchinis. The yellow ones are often smaller and thinner than the green ones. And green ones come in all sizes!
💡 Frequently Asked Questions
Of course: cheeses, charcuterie, vegetables...be creative with your tastes!
Bake for about 1 hour.
Once cooked, they can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
To reheat them, prefer the oven to the microwave, which may soften them.
😋 Other veggie gems
If you make these Hasselback zucchinis, it would be so nice to leave me a comment and rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. You can also tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Tik Tok, or even send me a photo, I love seeing my little dishes in your homes!
- 4 large zucchinis
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Wash your zucchini well. One by one, place them between chopsticks and score them. Preheat your oven to 355°F/180°C in natural convection/static heat mode, top and bottom.
- Place ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan in a dish, then add the zucchinis, herbs, paprika, finely minced garlic cloves, sea salt and pepper.
- Dot each zucchini with butter and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 1h to 1h10 (depending on the size of your zucchini), until tender.
- Top with the remaining Parmesan cheese and cook for a further 5 minutes, until it melts.