This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This pasta with garlic confit will become your favorite meal: comforting, easy to make on a lazy evening, and with just a handful of ingredients. Imagine perfectly cooked pasta with a creamy and cheesy garlic confit sauce, served with roasted cherry tomatoes: believe me, you'll be in heaven...
And if you want to impress your friends or treat your family, this is the perfect dish, just like my spinach and goat cheese lasagna or my creamy lemon and cherry tomato orzo pasta.
💙 Why you'll love them
- Really simple - this dish is really simple and require little effort to prepare ! Just cook the head of garlic and the cherry tomatoes, the sauce comes together in no time and all you have to do is mix with the pasta.
- Few ingredients - all you need is a handful of ingredients, all easy to find and use.
- Adaptable - depending on the season, you can use other ingredients instead of cherry tomatoes: grilled zucchini, cubes of baked eggplant or squash, leek fondue, etc…
- Storage - they can be kept for several days!
🍝D'autres pâtes gourmandes
Pâtes à la crème de poivrons
Pâtes crémeuses au thon
Pâtes Orzo au citron et tomates cerises
Pâtes au curry
Pâtes au caviar d'aubergine & burrata
Pâtes Orzo à la crème de courgette
These are the main ingredients, and the quantities are given in the recipe card below.
- A head of garlic: if you want to choose your garlic carefully to avoid supporting the slavery of Chinese prisoners, read my Eco Tips on the subject.
- Cherry tomatoes: I recommend the Sungold, Sweet 100 or Coeurs de Pigeon varieties, which are small and sweet. It's peak season from June to September included, so make the most of it!
- Parmesan: I recommend buying it in blocks and grating it yourself at the last minute, it's so much better!
- Pasta: I used Rigatoni, but you can also use Penne, Spaghetti, Tagliatelle, or whatever you like!
- Heavy cream for the sauce.
- Chilli flakes, to spice up the recipe.
- Fresh basil, to add a little freshness to the pasta.
- A saucepan and a frying pan.
- An ovenproof dish and an oven.
- A zester, which I find much quicker and more practical for grating Parmesan, since it's sharper.
If you're not sure which utensils or food processors to buy, check out my guide to kitchen tools and utensils.
✨ How to make this pasta?
Recipe details and quantities are in the recipe card below.
- Cut off the top of the head of garlic, add the olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Close tightly with your hands and place in the middle of the oven for one hour.
- 30 minutes before the garlic is done, place the cherry tomatoes in an ovenproof dish and place in the middle of the oven.
- Grate a block of fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water for the time indicated on the packaging.
- Leave the garlic head to cool, then press it with your hands to remove the cloves.
- Place in a frying pan over low heat and add the crème fraîche and chili flakes.
- Once the sauce is ready, add the drained pasta and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper, stir and serve on plates.
- Garnish with roasted cherry tomatoes and a few fresh basil leaves.
✅ How to make it gluten-free
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta.
❄️ Make ahead, storage and reheat
- Make ahead - since they can be kept for 3 days in the fridge, you can totally make them ahead of time.
- Storage - once cold, place them in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat - put them in the microwave and you're done! Because of the cold in the fridge, the sauce may have lost a bit of its creaminess: feel free to add a tablespoon or two of water before reheating the dish.
🍅 If you like cherry tomatoes…
- Gnocchi crémeux aux tomates cerises & burrata
- Tarte tatin de tomates cerises
- Pâtes crémeuses au Boursin & tomates cerises
If you make this garlic confit pasta, don't forget to leave me a comment and rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. You can also tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Tik Tok, or even send me a photo, I love seeing my little dishes in your homes!
Garlic confit pasta
- A saucepan
- A frying pan
- An oven dish
- An oven
- A zestor
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 0.5 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese , freshly grated
- 2 ½ cups pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 2 teaspoon fresh basil , chopped
- Preheat oven to 320°F/160°C in fan-assisted mode. Cut off the top of the head of garlic, add the olive oil on it and wrap it in aluminum foil. Close tightly with your hands and place it in the middle of the oven for one hour.
- 30 minutes before the garlic is done, put the cherry tomatoes in an ovenproof dish and place it in the middle of the oven too.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging in a pot of boiling water.
- When cooked, leave the garlic head to cool, then press it with your hands to remove the cloves. Place in a frying pan over low heat and add the heavy cream and chili flakes.
- In the frying pan, add the drained pasta, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper to taste, toss and serve on plates. Garnish with roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh chopped basil. Enjoy!